We like granola bars, but the ones at the store can be so varied in taste, texture, and ingredients. For us we like something crunchy with a smoother peanut butter texture underlying the nuts and chocolate chips. This is a pretty easy granola bar recipe. You can leave out the chocolate chips if you want or substitute it for something else small like chopped walnuts or almonds.
Prep Time: 1.25 (including 1 hour chilling in the fridge)
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
Servings: 1 pan, cut into however many pieces you like
- 1 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 to 2.5 cups rolled, whole oats
- 1/2 tsp. salt *Use only if you bought no-salt added peanut butter
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowl x 1
- Spoon x 1
- Parchment paper, biodegradable if possible or plastic wrap
- Square or round 8 inch pan
- Combine, in a mixing bowl, the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla. The mixture may be a little tough to stir, but stir until it’s well blended together and smooth. Add the oats and salt. The mixture will start to stick together, then add the chocolate chips. Mix it well best you can.
- Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper. Pour the granola mixture into the pan. Using parchment paper in between your palm and the mix, press it evenly all around the pan. You can leave the parchment paper on, then chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- After at least an hour, remove from the fridge and take off the parchment. Slice into pieces and enjoy.